Glasgow 2024 will neither condone nor tolerate any TRASH behaviour at any of our events:
Though TRASH permeates all segments of modern society, including our own imperfect fannish communities, we are committed to making Glasgow 2024 and all of our related activities as close to oppression-free as we are able to get.
Central to this commitment is our stance against TRASH, including prejudice, bias, the expression of privilege, aggressions, and microaggressions.
The following is an incomplete list of some of the ways we intend to implement this commitment:
- encouraging and supporting members of all marginalised communities to have as active a role in the convention as they might wish to have;
- ensuring that no one is talked over, ignored, or dismissed;
- including contributions in discussion sessions;
- encompassing interactions of all sorts, including convention attendees, volunteers, and team members;
- applying these efforts during the entire convention process, beginning during the bidding and selection process and continuing until there is no more Glasgow 2024.
If you have any questions about our Anti-TRASH efforts, please contact CoC@Glasgow2024.org.