Registering with Glasgow 2024
We have developed a new self-service registration system for Glasgow 2024, which we hope will make it fast and convenient for you to join and to manage your membership between now and August 2024.
Before you follow the link to register, here are some useful tips about the new system:
- The Glasgow 2024 registration system is based around the concept of the USER. Each USER may purchase and manage memberships and tickets for one or more people.
- Another important concept is that memberships now come in two parts, a WSFS membership (which is not transferable) and the membership supplement (which can be transferred). The two parts together define the type of membership and are linked by a common membership number. Both elements will be displayed to the USER.
- If an Attending member finds that they can no longer attend the convention, it is still possible to transfer to someone else. However, a recent change means that only the Attending supplement can now be transferred to anyone else, and that person must themselves hold a WSFS membership.
- Tickets have only a single part which define the type of ticket (i.e., Child, Infant, Day – e.g. Saturday). These are transferable.
- Before completing the purchase of any new memberships or tickets, on the Checkout page you need to confirm your agreement to the convention’s Code of Conduct – once you have selected the checkbox confirming your agreement, you can proceed to payment.
Logging into the system
- If you were a Friend of the Glasgow in 2024 bid, or if you participated in the 2024 Site Selection, we will have created a USER for you, and you should have received an email from us explaining how to login. If you have not seen this email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the details again.
- If you are new to Glasgow 2024, you will need to create your USER. To do this click on the “Sign Up” button on the Login page and fill out the form you will be presented with to create the new USER. If the creation is successful, you will be logged on. The creation will fail if you use a USER name or USER email address that is already in use.
- If you are a returning USER enter your USER name or USER email and your password and click on the “Login” button on the Login page.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset the password using the “Forgot Password” link on the Login page. You will need to know and have access to your USER email address. If you do not – please email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Your User Dashboard
Once you have logged in, you will see the Dashboard page for your USER. (If you don’t see this, click on the Dashboard link). Here you may find:
- If you were a Friend of the Glasgow 2024 Bid you will have been allocated the appropriate attending membership supplement. However, to become an attending member you will need to link this to a WSFS Membership. To make this as simple as possible you will see a “Yellow” box at the top of the Dashboard, with links to add any required 2024 WSFS Memberships.
Simply click on this link, scroll to the bottom of the form and click on the “Create Participant” button. This will add the required WSFS membership to your basket.
Please note, that if you have not added the WSFS Membership by May 1st 2023, a WSFS membership will be added for you. But you will be downgraded to a Virtual Attending supplement.
- If you participated in the 2024 Site Selection you will have been allocated a “WSFS Only – Supporting” membership. To become an attending member, please click on the “Upgrade” button, and select the appropriate type of attending membership. You will then be asked to pay the required amount to upgrade to this membership type, and once paid you will be an attending member.
- If you want to add a new membership or ticket to your USER click on the “Buy Participation” button. You will then be presented with a list of the available membership and ticket type, this list can be filtered using “Attendance”, “Voting Rights” and “Age at Convention” selectors. Select the membership type / ticket you want to purchase, and click on its “Purchase” button, and then click on the “Add Participant” button to bring up a form to fill out the membership / ticket holder’s details. Once complete click on the “Create Participant” button to add this product to your basket
- Once your basket contains all the items you wish to purchase, click on the “Continue to Basket” button at the bottom of the membership / ticket holder form or on the “Check-Out” link (Top/Right on the Dashboard). You will then be taken to a payment page that will list all your purchases. This will include a £45 purchase for any new memberships you added. If this is correct, check the box to accept the convention code of conduct and then on the “Pay with Credit Card” button that will be presented. This will then take you to a Stripe payment page, where you can pay for the basket using a Credit Card or Google Pay.
There are other features available from your Dashboard, which we hope are self-explanatory, and more will be added as we add Hugo Nomination & Voting and Site Selection to the registration system. If you run into any problems or queries, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.